Skip to main content

Writing Reveals Truth

As a writer, I'm constantly reading. I just finished reading Alaska Bound, One Man's Dream...One Woman's Nightmare! by Tammy Jones and I wrote a review on Amazon about the book. The title of this book had immediately caught my attention, plus the fact that it was a free Kindle book at the time. It is no longer free, but I was able to nab it when it was.

What struck me about the writer, Tammy Jones, is that she revealed so much truth about her relationship with her husband as she wrote. She did not directly address her marriage, but woven into the adventure were certain phrases and feelings that clearly revealed some major issues in her marriage.

When we write, our words become more powerful than when we speak. I highly doubt she intended to paint her husband in the light she painted him in, but through her writing, truth came out. It always does, especially if we are vulnerable enough to write about intense personal experiences.


What does your writing reveal about you and your relationships? Something, no doubt.
~Tricia

Comments

  1. I love your covers Trish! Tears in a Bottle sounds like a must read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Curt! Go for it - it's a simple download, you know!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just Think

Sometimes, I just need to think.  Life is busy, praise God, and time to think is a sweet luxury. This weekend, I am home almost alone....just myself and my 18-year-old daughter.  My hubby took my two teenage sons on a father/son retreat, leaving us girls here alone and I've actually had time to think. As a writer, especially, I need thinking time.  So far, the results of my thinking are: 1) I thought of a title for an article I've been wanting to write for a while, 2) I thought of an approach to a chapter in a book I'm writing, 3) I thought of a way to approach a rather sensitive subject without tossing blame directly onto certain people by name. 4) I thought of doing this blog post. So, my thinking has been very productive so far. Writers, do you take time to think?  I grab every opportunity I have to do some serious thinking about my writing goals.  For me, it's important to keep my goals in front of me as it makes me more likely to work to fulfil...

What's a Mom to do When her Son goes off to War?

Tears in a Bottle  is filled with short, easy to read articles that address every day life from the perspective of my personal walk with God. Some articles in  Tears in a Bottle  were previously published  by Regular Baptist Press, either in their Sunday School adult papers or their magazine,  The Baptist Bulletin . About Letting Go , the second article in Tears in a Bottle , is the very personal story of when one of our sons decided to join the Marine Corps Infantry after 9/11. Just 17-years-old, he saw Ground Zero and felt the Holy Spirit was telling him to do his part to fight terrorism. My struggle with his decision is laid bare in this transparent article. After publication through Regular Baptist Press, this article went on to become a go-to resource for Military Chaplains. A hard article to write, but an even harder reality to live, find out how God protected my boy while keeping my heart together at the same time. Get your copy of Tears in a Bottl...

Rule #2 - Mom is the boss of everybody

Preventing Abused Children  is my newest e-book and it consists of 10 rules that can help prevent children from being victims of abuse. Rule #2 - Mom is the boss of everybody. How empowering for a kid to realize that their mom is the boss of everybody. From the playground supervisor to the crossing guard, from the Drill Instructor to the President, Mom is everybody's boss when it comes to her kids. Moms, teach your kids that you are the boss of everybody. Click here to read more. ~Tricia